Sunday, February 1, 2009

post birthday

Celebrated my birthday at the Bronx Zoo.

Antony & the Johnsons didn't grab me the way I wanted it to. There were a couple pieces that i liked alright, but nothing like his older stuff...
Animal Collective however grew on me to the point where i'm no longer suspicious of AC projects. Merriweather isn't the greatest album (for spacey pop, i was more into the Flaming Lips albums) but it had me wanting to listen to it again and again.

DJ crush is ridiculously good and boring at the same time. I keep waiting for someone to drop lines all over the place...

Working on this week :
- Bruce Springsteen : Working on a Dream
- Bon Iver : Blood Bank
- Jorge Ben : Forca Bruta (old album, but we're going to Brazil in a few months...)

+ a couple of other albums in the wings...


-

No comments:

Post a Comment