Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christopher Raiche

My friend Max asks me at the end of every year for my "Best of the Year" lists of bands, music, albums, and songs. I send him my anemic list, sometimes reminding myself what i liked by culling from other people's "Best Of"'s and every year, i feel like a cheat. Worse, I feel like i didn't listen to enough music. I mean really listen, the way i used to listen to old records or beatup cassettes.

So this is my year long attempt to listen again.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

January 3rd 2009

I met Christopher Raiche when he played a Bar 4 open mic last week. It was the quiet quiet loud loud sh*t that i love. I mean LOVE it. The quieter parts of songs remind me of vetiver, the louder parts of something i can't recall.

www.myspace.com/christopherraiche



saw Christopher at a Mercury Lounge show last night, raw but great :